Indulge in the heavenly combination of Tiramisu Donuts! Trust me, you’re not prepared for how amazing these are – seriously, they’re that good. I might even like them more than regular donuts and classic tiramisu. Yes, I said it.
- Tangzhong: 4 tbsp milk 50g, 1 tbsp flour (10g)
- 3/4 cup milk 180g
- 1.5 tsp yeast
- 3 cups all purpose flour 400g
- 2 tbsp milk powder 15g
- 1/4 cup sugar 50g
- 1 large egg room temp
- 5 tbsp softened butter divided into 2 parts (70g)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup sugar 70g
- 1 cup full fat mascarpone cheese 230g
- 1/2 cup heavy cream 120g
- 1/2 cup strong coffee
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- Follow the donut dough recipe I shared earlier. Let it rise for 60-90 minutes until it doubles in size.
- Roll the dough into a 1/2 inch thick sheet and cut out 4” circles. Repeat until you have all the donuts.
- Let the donuts rest for about 45 minutes in a warm place.
- Heat 2-3 inches of oil in a wok over medium heat. Once it reaches 350°F, carefully drop in a test donut and cook for 2 minutes per side. Fry all donuts accordingly.
- For the mascarpone filling, whip egg yolks and sugar over a Bain Marie until they triple in volume. Remove from heat, let it rest for 5 minutes, then whisk in the mascarpone until combined. Finally, fold in the whipped cream.
- Slice the donuts in half horizontally. Brush them generously with coffee on both sides (or do a quick dip). Fill the bottom half with mascarpone cream, cover with the top half, and pipe more cream dollops.
- Cool for 2 hours, dust with cocoa powder, and get ready to savor these delightful Tiramisu Donuts!