I’ve been dreaming about making these treats for a long time, and I’m thrilled with the results! They’re not just delicious and cute; they also resemble hot chocolate, but surprise – they’re actually cake.
Hot Chocolate Cake For Two
- 1 large egg
- 2.5 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
**Hot Chocolate Ingredients:**
- 1 cup milk 250g
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips 40g
- 1/2 teaspoon corn starch
- Pinch of salt
- Whipped cream store-bought or homemade
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and prep two ramekins with butter and cocoa powder.
- Whisk the egg and sugar vigorously for 3-5 minutes until it becomes light in color, thick, and ribbony in texture.
- Sift in the dry ingredients and gently fold until just combined. Be careful not to overmix and lose the airy texture.
- Divide the batter equally between the two ramekins.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, prepare the hot chocolate. Whisk all ingredients (except chocolate) in a pan. Add chocolate and cook on medium-low heat for 7-10 minutes until you achieve a creamy consistency, somewhere between regular hot chocolate and ganache – not too thick or runny.
- Once the cakes are done, remove them from the ramekins and slice each into two layers.
- Place one cake layer into each of two glass mugs or dessert cups. Pour about 1/4 cup of hot chocolate into each, then add the remaining cake layers and hot chocolate.
- Finish it off by piping whipped cream onto the cakes and dusting with cocoa powder.
- Serve it up while it’s still hot! Enjoy this delightful treat!