Get ready for a delightful treat – Chocolate Con Churros! Imagine these goodies: crispy on the outside, chewy on the inside, coated in a heavenly mix of cinnamon sugar, and generously dipped in a rich ganache. And guess what? You can whip up this perfection in just one hour!
Chocolate Con Churros
- 1 cup water
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg optional
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Dark chocolate and cream in equal parts amount depends on your liking
- In a saucepan, bring water, butter, vanilla, salt, and sugar to a boil.
- Once it boils, remove from heat and quickly stir in the flour until a smooth ball forms.
- Let it cool for about 5 minutes, then add the egg and stir until fully combined. (You can skip the egg if you want a more traditional texture.)
- Transfer the mixture to a piping bag with a 1/2” French star tip. Pipe 6-7” churros onto parchment paper, fixing any imperfections with a wet finger. Cut the paper so each churro has its own strip.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon on a plate.
- Heat oil to around 370°F, then fry the churros in batches of 3 for 4-6 minutes until deep golden. They might stick together but should separate easily.
- Roll the hot churros in the cinnamon sugar mix.
- Make ganache by pouring hot cream over chocolate, waiting 5 minutes, and stirring until combined.
- Serve the churros with ganache and savor the goodness!