Indulge in the scrumptious delight of this extra-moist Black Forest Cake, taking your taste buds on a journey with luscious homemade whipped cream, decadent chocolate ganache, and cherries soaked in a sweet kick.
Black Forest Cake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour 260g
- 1 1/2 cups sugar 330g
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder 65g
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil 120g
- 1 cup milk 240g
- 1/2 cup Ovaltine chocolate powder 50g
- 2 tsp instant coffee
- 1/2 cup boiling water 120g
- 1/2 cup sour cream 120g
- 1 can of cherries
- 2.5 cups chilled heavy cream 600g
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar 30g
- 75 g dark chocolate chopped
- 90 g heavy cream
- 1 tbsp oil
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and line two 9-inch cake pans.
- Combine all the dry ingredients (excluding Ovaltine) in a bowl.
- Mix Ovaltine with milk and add it, along with eggs and oil, to the dry ingredients. Whisk until well combined.
- Combine boiling water with instant coffee and whisk it into the batter.
- Gently fold in the sour cream. Be careful not to overmix.
- Divide the batter into the pans and bake for 25-30 minutes. Check with a toothpick after 25 minutes. Cool the cakes on a wire rack.
- Cook the liquid from the cherries for 5-7 minutes until slightly thickened. Reserve 10 cherries for decoration and chop the rest.
- Whip the heavy cream and powdered sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Once the cakes are cooled, trim the tops, cut each into two halves, and layer with cream. Place cherries in the first and third layers. Cover with cream and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Make the ganache by microwaving the ingredients in 20-second increments until shiny. Let it cool for 5 minutes, then drizzle it onto the cake. Decorate with cherries.
- Now, savor the moment and enjoy this delightful treat!