Introducing the ultimate red velvet cake experience! Imagine sinking your fork into a slice of pure velvet—soft, rich, and incredibly moist. And let’s not forget about that irresistible cream cheese frosting!
Red Velvet Cake
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour 325g
- 1 1/3 cups sugar 280g
- 2 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil 140g
- 3/4 cup milk 180g with 2 tsp vinegar + 1 tbsp red food coloring
- 1/4 cup boiling water 60g + 1/2 tsp coffee (optional)
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder 30g
- 1/4 cup milk for soaking
- 450 g cream cheese 16 oz
- 113 g unsalted butter 1/2 cup
- 350-400 g powdered sugar ~3 cups
- 1 tsp vanilla
- A pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and prepare two 9-inch cake pans.
- Combine flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and baking soda in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix milk, vinegar, and red food coloring.
- Add milk, eggs, and oil to the dry ingredients, whisking until well combined.
- Mix hot water with cocoa powder and coffee, then add to the cake batter, gently stirring until combined.
- Divide the batter between the pans and bake for 25-30 minutes until a toothpick comes out with moist crumbs.
- Whip cream cheese and butter for 5 minutes. Gradually add sugar, whisking to create a light and fluffy frosting.
- Level the cakes, saving excess for crumbs. Divide each cake into 2 layers, lightly soaking each layer with milk, covering in frosting, and repeating. Decorate with crumbs.
- Chill for 1-2 hours before indulging in this heavenly treat!