Get ready for a fantastic summer treat that’s perfect for the upcoming weekend! And the best part? It’s even better when topped with delicious vanilla ice cream!
Strawberry Crisp with Oat Crumble
- 2 pounds of juicy strawberries
- 2 tablespoons of zesty lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of sweet granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup of light brown sugar
- 1 cup of all-purpose unbleached flour
- 10 tablespoons of cold unsalted butter
- 1 cup of old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove the green tops from the strawberries and slice them up.
- In a big bowl, mix together the flour and oats. Add in the brown sugar and butter, stirring until you get a chunky crumble.
- Place the sliced strawberries into a 9×9-inch or 10-inch round pie dish. Squeeze some lemon juice and sprinkle sugar over the strawberries. Give it a good mix.
- Spread all of that tasty flour and oat crumble evenly on top of the strawberries.
- Bake it in the oven for about 30 minutes.
- Serve it warm, and don’t forget to add a scoop of your favorite ice cream!