Indulge in the most amazing homemade brownies with my Perfect Fudgy Brownies recipe. These brownies are a breeze to make, all in just one bowl, resulting in thick and chewy goodness that gets even better the next day.
Perfect Fudgy Brownies
- 1 ounce of semi-sweet chocolate about 28 grams
- 3 ounces of dark chocolate 60-70% cocoa (about 85 grams)
- 10 tablespoons of unsalted butter about 140 grams
- 3/4 cup of sugar about 170 grams
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon of instant coffee mixed with 1 tablespoon of hot water
- 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour about 65 grams
- 1/3 cup of cocoa powder preferably Dutch processed (about 35 grams)
- 3/4 teaspoon of salt
- 2 ounces of chocolate chips or chopped chocolate of your choice I like a mix of milk and semi-sweet (about 57 grams)
- Preheat your oven to 335°F and line a 9-inch baking pan.
- Melt the butter, 1 ounce of semi-sweet chocolate, and 3 ounces of dark chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Use 20-second increments, stirring in between. Be careful not to overheat.
- While that’s melting, whisk eggs and sugar in a standing mixer at medium-high speed until you get a light, thick, and ribbony mixture.
- Gently fold the melted chocolate and butter mixture into the eggs and sugar.
- Mix the instant coffee with hot water and fold it in gently.
- Sift in flour, cocoa powder, and salt, then fold them in.
- Finally, add 2 ounces of chocolate chips and fold them in.
- Pour the batter into the lined pan. Add more chocolate on top if you desire.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Let them cool, cut, and get ready to enjoy!
- Use high-quality ingredients for the best brownies. I recommend @valrhonausa or @lindt_usa chocolate (or other good-quality brands) and Valrhona Dutch-processed cocoa powder.
- Don’t skip the coffee; it enhances the chocolate flavor.
- Be mindful not to overbake your brownies. The baking time may vary, so take them out when they still have a slight jiggle, and a toothpick comes out with slightly wet crumbs attached.