Craving something delicious right now: Chicken Pot Pie! Imagine a golden, flaky pastry and a warm, creamy, and hearty filling that makes you say, “Yes!”
Let’s talk about the ultimate comfort food – homemade Chicken Pot Pie. It’s easy to whip up, freezer-friendly, and a hit with the whole family. Take it up a notch by using my homemade pie crust!
Chicken Pot Pie
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 onion finely chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon each salt pepper, chili flakes, and oregano (adjust to taste)
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese optional
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1 1/2 cups chopped frozen veggies corn, carrots, and peas work well
- 2 2/3 cups flour
- 1 cup butter cold & cubed
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4-5 tablespoons ice-cold water
- Egg wash
- Make the pie dough by combining butter with dry ingredients, then add water until the dough starts coming together. Chill in the fridge.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and butter a 9” pie dish.
- Heat oil and butter in a nonstick pan over medium heat. Sauté onion until translucent, then add garlic and sauté for a minute.
- Add flour and milk, stirring until thick and creamy.
- Add spices and cook for a minute. Turn off the heat and add chicken, veggies, and cheese. Mix and set aside.
- Roll out the pie dough, creating layers, and cover the pan. Prick with a fork and fill with the prepared filling.
- Roll out the remaining dough and cover the pie, pinching the edges and creating a crimping pattern with a fork.
- Generously brush with egg wash.
- Bake for 30 minutes until golden and crispy. If it browns too much, cover with aluminum foil.
- Serve hot and enjoy the delightful Chicken Pot Pie!