I’m thrilled to share this perfected recipe with you! If you’ve been following my stories, you know the journey to get here has been real 😂. These treats turn out gorgeous and delicious—perfect for tea or coffee parties!
The Perfect French Macarons
- 1 cup 130g powdered sugar
- 1 cup 120g almond flour
- 3 large egg whites about 90g
- 1/3 cup 75g granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2-3 drops gel food coloring
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Filling: Vanilla buttercream or cream cheese frosting
- Line 3-4 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Grind the granulated sugar in a food processor and set it aside.
- Process almond flour and powdered sugar together until smooth and lump-free.
- Wipe the bowl of a stand mixer with a bit of vinegar. Add egg whites, cream of tartar, and salt. Whisk on medium-high speed until frothy.
- Gradually add the previously ground granulated sugar while whisking, until a glossy, stiff meringue forms. Add vanilla and food coloring towards the end.
- Add a third of the almond flour and powdered sugar mix to the meringue, gently folding it in with a spatula using a circular motion. Once partially mixed, add the remaining dry ingredients.
- Continue folding until well mixed. Rub the spatula through the batter to eliminate large air bubbles.
- Check the batter consistency – it should slowly run off the spatula in a continuous ribbon. Transfer the batter to a piping bag.
- Pipe 1-inch circles onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Tap the sheets on the counter to remove air bubbles, using a toothpick to pop any large ones.
- Let the macarons rest at room temperature for 1.5-2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 300°F (150°C).
- Bake for 10-11 minutes.
- Once cooled, fill with buttercream or cream cheese frosting.