Get ready for a delightful treat – my all-time favorite recipe for the most amazing cinnamon rolls ever! Each time I whip them up, I’m seriously amazed at how fluffy, soft, and downright delicious they turn out. I recently treated my friends to these rolls, and every single one of them exclaimed, “These are the best cinnamon rolls I’ve ever eaten!”
And here’s the best part – this recipe is super easy and doesn’t require a fancy mixer. You’ve just got to give it a shot! It’s the simplest, no-fuss way to create the softest, most moist cinnamon rolls ever.
Easy Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup softened unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup softened unsalted butter 56g
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar 100g
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup heavy cream 60g for soaking rolls
- 4 ounces cream cheese room temperature (113g)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter 35g
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar about 60g
- Warm the milk in the microwave for about 20-30 seconds until it’s warm but not scalding. Add it to a bowl with the yeast, whisk, and let it rest for 10 minutes until it becomes foamy.
- Add the rest of the dough ingredients to the same bowl. Mix everything with a large wooden spoon until it forms a dough.
- On a floured surface, knead the dough for 8-10 minutes until it becomes soft, smooth, and stretchy. Place it in a bowl, cover with cling wrap, and let it rise in a warm place for 60-90 minutes until it doubles in size.
- While the dough rises, mix softened butter with cinnamon, sugar, and salt to prepare the filling.
- Once the dough has doubled, roll it into a 12×14″ rectangle. Spread the filling evenly, then cut and roll it into 6 cinnamon rolls.
- Let the rolls rest for another 30-45 minutes. Preheat the oven to 375°F in the last 20 minutes of the wait.
- Before baking, pour heavy cream over the rolls. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden and firm to touch.
- Make the frosting by whisking together cream cheese, butter, heavy cream, and powdered sugar. Spread it over the warm rolls.
- Enjoy your delicious, homemade cinnamon rolls! Store any leftovers in the fridge and warm them up for 15 seconds in the microwave before indulging.