Late-night chocolate cravings? Consider them conquered! This quick and easy 5-Minute Molten Lava Chocolate Mug Cake is the answer. Imagine a rich, moist, and chocolatey delight with a gooey molten chocolate center—all ready in just 5 minutes. Need I say more?
Best Molten Lava Chocolate Mug Cake
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter 28g
- 1 ounce of dark chocolate 28g
- 3 tablespoons of milk
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- A generous 4 tablespoons of all-purpose flour a bit less than a standard measuring cup
- 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder
- 1/3 teaspoon of baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 2 Lindor Dark Chocolate Truffles or other chocolate chunks/chips for that extra chocolatey surprise in the middle
- In a microwave-safe mug (10-12oz), combine the butter and 1 ounce of dark chocolate. Microwave in 15-20 second intervals until melted and well mixed.
- Add the milk and sugar, then mix thoroughly with a fork.
- Sift in the dry ingredients—flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Gently stir with the same fork, making sure everything is nicely combined. Don’t forget to scrape along the edges!
- Nestle those chocolate truffles in the center (no need to push them all the way to the bottom).
- Clean up the edges of the mug if needed, then pop it in the microwave for 60-70 seconds.
- Sprinkle some powdered sugar on top, and voila—indulge in your homemade molten lava mug cake!