Making these muffins is a breeze – just toss everything into the blender! They’re gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan-friendly, and kid-approved. Ideal for preparing wholesome breakfasts, snacks, or even a sweet treat.
Healthy Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 2 large overripe bananas
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 egg or use a flax egg – 1 Tbs. ground flax + 2 Tbs. water, mixed and thickened for 3-5 minutes
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk or your preferred milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey or pure maple syrup
- 1 3/4 cup rolled oats or quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup blanched almond flour or cashew flour
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. pink Himalayan salt
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips plus a few extra for topping
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Grease 11 muffin tins generously with coconut oil or use liners.
- Blend all ingredients, except the chocolate chips, in a high-speed blender or food processor until smooth.
- Gently mix in the dark chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the muffin tins, filling them 3/4 full. Add extra chocolate chips on top if you like.
- Bake at 350°F for 15-20 minutes (11 minutes for mini-muffins) until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool in the tin for at least 10 minutes before removing. Pro tip: use a spoon to slide them out.
- Enjoy! Keep them in an airtight container on the counter for up to 4 days, in the refrigerator for a week, or freeze for up to 3 months.