Experience the magic of Shahi Tukray, a mind-blowing South Asian dessert that will make your life truly complete! These delightful treats are not only simple and delicious but also perfect for celebrating Eid. You’ll find yourself going back for seconds, thirds, and even fourths, savoring every bite and licking your fingers with delight.
Indulge in this easy, no-fuss version of the delectable South Asian dessert. With just 15 minutes of work and 6 readily available ingredients, you can whip up a batch of these heavenly Shahi Tukray.
Easy Shahi Tukray
- 1 pack of Original Hawaiian Sweet Rolls 12 rolls or substitute with brioche or white bread of your choice (about 350g total)
- 6-8 tablespoons of unsalted butter 113g
- 5 cups of whole milk 1200g
- 4-6 cardamom pods
- A pinch of salt
- ¾ of a 14oz can of sweetened condensed milk about 300g
- Slice each Hawaiian Roll in half horizontally.
- Pan-fry the rolls in a generous amount of butter until they turn golden and crispy on both sides.
- In a saucepan, bring the whole milk, cardamom pods, and salt to a boil, then simmer on low heat for about 5 minutes. Add sweetened condensed milk to taste and mix well.
- Arrange the fried rolls in your chosen serving dish, stacking them neatly.
- Strain the milk mixture over the rolls, ensuring they are fully covered.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2+ hours until fully cooled.
- Garnish with slivered almonds and crushed freeze-dried strawberries.
- Feel free to adjust quantities according to your preferences; this recipe is quite flexible.
- You can prepare these Shahi Tukray in advance (1-2 days) and add the garnish just before serving.