Let’s dive into a sweet conversation about the Summer of EXCELLENCE and why it absolutely deserved a classic chocolate fudge pop! We took the amazing Lindt 70% Cocoa EXCELLENCE Bar and whipped up a quick and simple recipe, giving a spicy twist to the fudge pops we all cherished in our childhood.
Coffee And Cardamom Fudge Pops
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 5 cracked cardamom pods
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground coffee
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 3.5 ounce Lindt 70% Cocoa EXCELLENCE Bars, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup optional chopped Lindt 70% Cocoa EXCELLENCE Bar
- In a small saucepan, combine milk, sugar, cardamom pods, coffee, cornstarch, and salt. Stir over medium-high heat until the sugar dissolves and the mixture thickens (about 5 minutes). Make sure the milk simmers with a few bubbles around the edges, but doesn’t reach a rolling boil.
- Place the Lindt 70% Cocoa EXCELLENCE Bars in a heat-safe bowl. Strain the thickened milk mixture over the chocolate and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Whisk the chocolate and milk together until smooth and glossy. Add vanilla and mix until well combined.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into ice pop molds and freeze for 1 hour. After an hour, insert popsicle sticks and return to the freezer for at least 8 hours before serving.
- Optional: Melt the remaining 1/2 cup chopped Lindt 70% Cocoa EXCELLENCE Bar over a double boiler until smooth. Let it cool slightly, then drizzle it over the frozen pops just before serving. Get ready for a treat that might just become THE dessert of the summer, In Our Humble Opinion (IOHO)!