Indulge in the magic of a luscious chocolate cake that’s not just a treat but an adventure for your taste buds! Picture this: a soft, chocolatey delight, generously filled with creamy chocolate ganache, topped with a whipped chocolate ganache frosting, and adorned with a tempting chocolate drip. Brace yourself, as this cake is an intense, rich experience perfect for the bold chocolate lover!
Now, let’s turn your sweet dreams of a homemade chocolate cake into reality. I can’t wait to see you recreate this recipe and share in the joy! 🥰
Serving Size: 8-10
Preparation Time: 3-4 hours
Chocolate Ganache Cake
- 4 large eggs at room temperature
- 140 g granulated sugar
- 90 g all-purpose flour
- 30 g cocoa powder
**Dark Chocolate Mousse:**
- 80 g dark chocolate chopped
- 80 g heavy cream
- 80 g whipped heavy cream
**Milk Chocolate Mousse:**
- 80 g milk chocolate chopped
- 80 g cream
- 80 g whipped cream
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 100 g chocolate mix of milk and dark
- 75 g cream
- 75 g dark chocolate chopped
- 75 g cream
- 2 tbsp corn syrup
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line two 9” baking pans.
- Whisk eggs and sugar at high speed for 5-7 minutes until light and thick. Sift in cocoa powder and flour, then carefully fold until just combined. Divide the batter equally between the two pans and bake for 12 minutes.
- For the dark chocolate mousse, start by making ganache: heat the cream until it starts to bubble, then pour it over the chocolate. Cover and let it sit for 5 minutes, then mix until shiny. Whip heavy cream and fold it into the ganache once it’s slightly cooled (about 15 minutes).
- Repeat the process for the milk chocolate mousse.
- Allow everything to cool for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, make the ganache following the same method described above and let it cool.
- Make the syrup by boiling water and sugar until syrupy. Slice the two cakes into two halves each and start assembling. Place one layer, brush with syrup, cover with half of the dark chocolate mousse. Repeat, alternating between dark and milk chocolate mousse. Smooth the edges and chill the cake for 15 minutes.
- Cover with ganache and carefully smooth the edges. Cool as needed.
- Make the syrup by making ganache and mixing until combined. Add corn syrup and mix.
- To glaze, the cake should be cool, and the glaze should be at room temperature and runny (warm it slightly if not runny). Pour over the cake and smooth. Let it cool for 15 minutes.