Craving the deliciousness of a Reese’s peanut butter cup but aiming for a healthier treat? Give these peanut butter dates a shot! They’re crafted with good-for-you ingredients and super easy to make for a guilt-free dessert. And guess what? They turn out to be delightfully thin and oh-so tasty!
Chocolate Covered Dates with Peanut Butter
- 30-35 pitted dates
- 1 cup melted chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- Crushed peanuts for a finishing touch
- Get a baking sheet ready by lining it with parchment paper.
- Take each date, slice it in half lengthwise, and remove the pit.
- Lay the dates on a flat surface and gently flatten them with a cup.
- Use a knife to spread a layer of peanut butter on the top of each date.
- In a bowl safe for the microwave, melt the chocolate chips in 30-second intervals, stirring in between. Move quickly to dip each date in the melted chocolate, flipping them with a fork for full coverage.
- Place the coated dates on the prepared baking sheet and transfer them to the freezer for around 10 minutes, allowing the chocolate to set.
- Serve them right away or store these delectable treats in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.