Ever wondered, “Why would anyone toss zucchini into brownies?” Well, hear me out! It’s an absolute delight, and you won’t even notice the zucchini. It magically blends into the decadent chocolate batter, creating brownies with an irresistibly moist and gooey texture. So, the next time you’re hankering for a super-chocolatey treat, give these a shot. They’re sure to please your sweet tooth!
- 2 tablespoons of ground flaxseed
- 5 tablespoons of water
- 1¼ cups of all-purpose flour scoop and level
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- ⅔ cup of sifted cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of sea salt
- ½ cup of melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 cups of grated zucchini don’t drain or squeeze
- ½ cup of dark chocolate chips plus extra for topping
- Optional: Flaky sea salt for sprinkling
- Preheat your oven to 325°F. Grease an 8×8-inch baking dish and line it with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix together 2 tablespoons of ground flaxseed with 5 tablespoons of water. Set it aside for 5 minutes to thicken.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 1¼ cups of all-purpose flour, 1 cup of granulated sugar, sifted cocoa powder, 1 teaspoon of baking powder, and ½ teaspoon of sea salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together ½ cup of melted coconut oil, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, and the flaxseed mixture. Stir in the grated zucchini.
- Add the dry ingredients to the zucchini mixture, stirring until well combined. Let it rest for 1 minute, then stir again. Initially, the mixture may seem thick and dry, but as the zucchini releases moisture, it will become smoother and wetter. Mix until no dry areas remain, then fold in ½ cup of chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and use a spatula to smooth the top. Sprinkle with additional chocolate chips and flaky sea salt if desired. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until the brownies are set in the middle and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow the brownies to cool for at least an hour before slicing.
- Get ready for a chocolatey adventure with these gooey zucchini brownies!