Indulge in the goodness of peanut butter chocolate chip cookie dough bars – they’re so yummy! I’ve been whipping up this delightful treat for ages, and trust me, it’s always a winner.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bars
For the Cookie Layer:
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- A little more than ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2½ cups almond flour
- 2½ tablespoons maca powder if you like
- 1 cup chocolate chips
For the Cacao Layer:
- 1½ cups walnuts
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder or cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 10 soft Medjool dates
- 2 tablespoons water
- Optional: Flaky sea salt for sprinkling on top
- Begin by lining an 8×8-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a big bowl, mix together peanut butter, melted coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla, and a pinch of salt. Then, add almond flour and maca (if you want) and stir well – the mixture will be thick. Toss in the chocolate chips, press the mixture into the pan, and pop it in the freezer to firm up a bit.
- For the cacao layer, use a small food processor to pulse walnuts, cacao (or cocoa) powder, and sea salt until the walnuts are nicely chopped. Add the dates and pulse again, adding 2 tablespoons of water if needed. Process until smooth, then spread this goodness onto the cookie layer. If you like, sprinkle some sea salt on top. Freeze for 30 minutes to make it easier to cut into bars. Slice and store the extras in the fridge.
- These bars are freezer-friendly too. Just let each bar thaw for about 15 minutes at room temperature before savoring the deliciousness!