Try this delightful twist on my popular freezer carrot cake bars for a perfect summer treat! These bars feature a thick and chewy crust, topped with a zesty vegan lemon frosting and fresh slices of strawberries. Trust me, you’ll want to keep a batch of these in your freezer all summer long!
Strawberry Freezer Bars
For the date and nut layer:
- 14 soft Medjool dates pitted
- 1½ cups shredded coconut
- 1½ cups walnuts
- A generous ¼ teaspoon of sea salt
For the creamy lemon layer:
- 1½ cups raw cashews
- ½ cup full-fat coconut milk plus extra for topping
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Thinly sliced strawberries for topping
- Line an 8×4 or 9×5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
- If your dates aren’t soft, soak them in warm water for 5 to 10 minutes. Pat them dry before using.
- **Date and Nut Layer:** In a food processor, combine the soft dates, coconut, walnuts, and salt. Pulse until the mixture sticks together when pinched.
- **Creamy Lemon Layer:** In a high-speed blender, blend the cashews, coconut milk, maple syrup, lemon juice and zest, vanilla, and salt until smooth and creamy.
- Press the date and nut mixture firmly into the prepared pan. Spread the creamy lemon layer on top and add sliced strawberries.
- Freeze for 8 hours or overnight. Slice into bars. If they’re too frozen, let them sit at room temperature before serving.
- Enjoy these refreshing frozen bars all summer long!