Get ready for the easiest fall dessert ever! With just 8 simple ingredients (or 9 if you want to add optional vanilla ice cream) and 30 minutes, you can whip up a delicious treat. Here’s a quick guide:
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons regular rolled oats
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup crushed walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon Apple Pie Spice or cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup solid coconut oil
- 4 apples cored and halved
- Melted coconut oil for drizzling
- Vanilla ice cream for serving
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- For the topping, mix oats, almond flour, brown sugar, walnuts, apple pie spice, and salt in a small bowl. Use your hands to crumble in the solid coconut oil. If it seems too dry, add a few drizzles of water until it starts sticking together when pinched.
- Scoop out a bit of the center of each apple half with a spoon. Place them in an ungreased baking dish large enough to hold them. Drizzle melted coconut oil over the apples, making sure to rub it all over. Cover with foil and bake for 10 minutes.
- Uncover and generously top each apple half with spoonfuls of the crumbly mixture. Drizzle a bit more coconut oil on top. Bake for an additional 20 minutes or until the apples are soft, and the topping is nice and crisp.
- Allow it to cool a bit, then serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Enjoy your super simple and delicious fall dessert!