Get ready for an exciting journey into the world of baking your own bread! If you’re a fan of delicious flavors, especially strawberries, then this recipe is perfect for you!
Here’s what you’ll need for a 9” bread loaf:
Strawberry Cream Cheese Bread
*Tangzhong:* 15g bread flour, 90g whole milk
- 150 g whole milk
- 50 g sugar
- 2 1/4 tsp yeast
- 300 g bread flour
- 20 g milk powder
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp salt
- 50 g unsalted butter softened
**For the Filling:**
- 6 tbsp cream cheese room temperature
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tbsp salt
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- 4-6 tbsp jam of your choice
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 egg and 1 tbsp milk for egg wash
- Begin by making the tangzhong. Mix flour and milk on low heat until they form a thick paste. Add this to the rest of the bread ingredients, excluding butter, and knead in a standing mixer for 7-10 minutes at medium-high speed until the dough starts to come together.
- Add the softened butter and knead for an additional 5-7 minutes until the dough becomes smooth. If making by hand, be cautious not to add too much more flour.
- Cover the dough and let it rise for about 60 minutes until it doubles in size.
- While the dough is rising, mix cream cheese with sugar, salt, and lemon juice, and set it aside.
- Line a 9” springform pan with parchment paper.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal pieces. Take one piece and roll it into a rectangle about 6×12” wide. Spread the cream cheese and jam on two-thirds of the rectangle. In the remaining one-third, use a sharp knife to make cuts or strips. Brush the strips lightly with some milk. Roll the dough tightly, starting from the uncut side to the cut side. This creates a beautiful striped pattern on the bread. Place the roll into the pan around the edge, adjusting it to take up about 1/4th of the pan.
- Repeat the process with the remaining 3 pieces until you have one ring inside the pan. Brush with egg wash and let it rise for another 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Brush with egg wash again and bake for 25-30 minutes until golden on the outside.
- Serve and enjoy your delicious creation!