Yay! Super excited to share this amazing recipe with you!
Rus Malai Tres Leches
- 4 eggs left at room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp dry milk powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Milk Mixture (Use the whole cans if you want an extra moist cake):
- 10 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 10 oz evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- 1.5 cups heavy cream
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and prepare baking pans (use 9” round pans for a double layer or a 9×13” sheet pan for a single layer).
- In a bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients, excluding the sugar.
- In another bowl, add 1/2 cup sugar to the egg yolks and whisk for 3-5 minutes until light and frothy. Carefully fold in half of the dry ingredients, then add the milk and vanilla, and finally fold in the remaining dry ingredients. Be gentle to avoid overmixing the batter.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites with the remaining 1/4 cup sugar until stiff peaks form. Add 1/3 of the egg whites to the batter and gently fold to loosen the mixture. Then fold in the remaining egg whites.
- Divide the batter into your pans and bake for approximately 15-18 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean (time may vary based on your pan size).
- Cool the cakes on a wire rack completely.
- In a bowl, whisk together the sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk, heavy cream, and cardamom powder.
- Place the cakes on deep sheets or plates and gently poke holes in them with a fork. Slowly drench them with the milk mixture. It might seem like too much milk, but the cakes will soak it up, so keep adding more over time. Place the cakes in the fridge and let them cool for about 4 hours.
- Whip the heavy cream for decoration. Layer your cakes with whipped cream, handling them with care, and let them cool again for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!!! 🤤