Check out this amazing banana bread recipe – it’s the absolute best! I’ve tried tons of different ones, but this particular recipe is truly special. The secret ingredients? Browned butter, brown sugar, whole wheat flour, and a hint of coffee that adds an extra layer of yumminess. I’m super excited to see your recreations! 💕
For a single loaf, you’ll need a 9×4” pan, and the whole process takes about 1.5 hours.
Best Banana Bread Recipe
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter 113g
- 1/4 cup sugar 50g
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar 50g
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 3 large ripe bananas 400g
- 1 cup all-purpose flour 140g
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour 75g
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp coffee + 1 tbsp hot water
- 1 cup chopped walnuts 100g or any other add-in of your choice
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and prepare the loaf pan with butter or parchment paper.
- Melt the butter over medium heat until it turns brown and releases a nutty aroma. Remove it and let it cool for 10 minutes.
- Whisk the browned butter with both types of sugar for 1 minute. Add the eggs and whisk at high speed for 3 minutes until the mixture becomes frothy.
- Add in the bananas and whisk them (the mixer should mash them, but you can also mash them yourself).
- Mix the coffee with water and whisk it in.
- Gently fold in the dry ingredients, then fold in the walnuts.
- Transfer the batter to the loaf pan, decorate it however you like, and bake for about 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out with moist crumbs attached.
- Let it cool and serve! I personally love to warm a slice for 5-10 seconds and spread it with peanut butter. 🤤🤤