Indulge in the heavenly goodness of salted caramel, dark chocolate, and walnut brownies with this simple recipe! It’s designed for a small batch, but feel free to double it for a delightful 9×9” tray.
For 8 scrumptious brownies, you’ll need:
Salted Caramel and Walnut Brownies
- Caramel: 1/4 cup sugar 60g, 2.5 tbsp heavy cream (40g), 1 tbsp butter (15g), 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 oz dark chocolate 60g, 60-70% cocoa
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter 70g
- 1/3 cup sugar 75g
- 1 egg at room temperature
- 1/2 tsp instant coffee mixed with 2 tsp hot water
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour 35g
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder 20g, preferably Dutch-processed
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 30 g chopped chocolate of your choice
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts 30g
- Begin by crafting the caramel: In a nonstick pan over medium-low heat, melt the sugar until it turns a golden, caramel color. Stir in the cream, then add butter and salt, stirring until you achieve a deep gold color. Remove from heat and let it cool.
- Preheat your oven to 335°F and line a 9×4-inch loaf pan.
- Combine butter and chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl, melting in 15-second intervals. Mix and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg and sugar until light, thick, and frothy. Add the melted chocolate and butter, then incorporate the coffee-water mixture.
- Sift in dry ingredients (flour, cocoa, salt) and gently fold until combined. Fold in walnuts and chocolate.
- Spread half of the brownie batter in the pan, then spoon and spread the caramel (use as much as you prefer). Top with the remaining batter and extra chocolate if desired.
- Bake for approximately 23-25 minutes.
- Voila! Delight in the goodness of your homemade brownies. Enjoy!