Forget the stereotype of single girls drowning their sorrows in cake – this sweet creation is a celebration all on its own.
Now, let’s simplify it: Imagine a Single Serve Molten Lava Cake – just five words to tempt your taste buds. 🤤
Single Serve Molten Lava Cake
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1.76 oz good quality dark chocolate chopped
- 1 egg
- 1-2 tbsp sugar depending on your sweetness preference
- 2 tsp all-purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
- Butter and cocoa powder for coating the ramekin
- Optional: Vanilla ice cream to serve
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Melt butter and chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl in 15-second intervals until just melted. Mix and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg and sugar for 5-7 minutes until light, thick, and frothy.
- Gently combine the melted butter and chocolate mixture with the egg mixture.
- Sift in the flour and salt, gently whisking in a folding motion until just combined.
- Generously coat an 8oz ramekin with softened butter, add 1 tsp of cocoa powder, tap, and rotate to spread. Tap out the excess.
- Pour the batter into the ramekin, leaving a little room for the cake to rise.
- Bake for about 10-11 minutes, keeping an eye on it. The cake should be firmer on the sides but slightly jiggly in the center.
- Let the cake rest in the ramekin for 1 minute. Release the edges with a butter knife and carefully turn it out.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream and savor the moment!