Making delicious lemon tarts is way simpler than you might think! Check out my easy recipe below for a mouthwatering treat 🍋🤤
- 3 tablespoons 45g butter, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour slightly less than a full cup
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 egg whites and a pinch of salt
**Prepare the Crust:**
- Whisk together butter and powdered sugar until creamy.
- Add the egg and whisk until well combined.
- Stir in the flour and salt until a dough forms.
- Shape the dough into a ball, wrap in cling wrap, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
**Make the Lemon Curd:**
- Combine all curd ingredients (except butter) in a nonstick pan.
- Cook on medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens and coats the back of a spoon.
- Add butter and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly, until the curd has a thick but flowy consistency.
**Prepare the Tart Shells:**
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Divide the chilled dough into 3 parts and roll each out gently.
- Cover tart pans with the dough, avoiding stretching.
- Prick the dough with a fork.
- Bake the tart shells for about 20 minutes until they develop a slight color.
**Fill and Chill:**
- Allow tart shells to cool, then fill them with the prepared lemon curd up to the brim.
- Place the tarts in the refrigerator.
- In a nonstick pan, mix sugar and water until it reaches 230°F.
- Whisk egg whites with salt until frothy.
- When the sugar mix reaches 240°F, slowly add it to the egg whites while whisking at high speed.
- Continue whisking until the mixture cools and forms a shiny, thick meringue.
**Decorate and Serve:**
- Decorate the tarts with the Italian meringue (or use whipped cream for an easier option).
- Serve and enjoy your delightful homemade lemon tarts!