Let’s give some love to real peaches 🍑, not just the ones on our bodies 😉! This amazing peach and cream Swiss roll recipe is here to celebrate them this summer. Perfect for 8-10 servings and ready in just 2 hours, including chilling time.
Peach and Cream Swiss Roll
For the sponge, you’ll need:
- 3 large eggs at room temperature
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- Powdered sugar for rolling
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream chilled
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large ripe peach peeled and blended
- Peach slices for decoration
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and line a 9×13” baking sheet.
- Whisk eggs and sugar for 5-7 minutes at high speed until they form a thick, light, and ribbony mixture.
- Sift in the flour and add the salt and baking powder. Carefully fold using a hand whisk to avoid overmixing.
- Add the melted butter (make sure it’s not too hot) and fold gently with a whisk. The batter should still be very aerated.
- Gently transfer the batter to the sheet and spread it evenly.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the pan, carefully peel off the parchment paper, and place it on a new parchment paper. Dust with powdered sugar. Make a shallow cut 1” away from the short end parallel to the short end. Gently roll the cake from this short end to the other short end, along with the parchment. Let the cake rest with the seam side down until it reaches room temperature.
- Make the peach puree by blending the peach.
- Make the whipped cream by whisking with sugar and vanilla until it forms stiff peaks.
- Gently and slowly unroll the cake. Spread the peach puree on top and let it absorb.
- Spread about 2/3 of the whipped cream evenly.
- Roll the cake again in the same direction, trying to roll it as tight as you can without squeezing out the cream. Place it on a platter with the seam facing down.
- Cover with the remaining whipped cream and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Decorate the cake with peach slices and serve! Enjoy the peachy goodness!