Indulge in the delightful world of chocolate with this irresistible Dark Chocolate Tart. Remember that one time I stayed up until 5 am perfecting this? Good times!
Dark Chocolate Tart
- 3 tablespoons 45g butter, softened
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Scant 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 6 ounces chocolate mostly dark, with a little semi-sweet
- 3 tablespoons butter softened
- 3 ounces chocolate
- 1/3 cup cream
- 3 tablespoons corn syrup
- Tempered dark chocolate
- Whisk together butter and sugar until creamy. Add the egg, then fold in the flour, salt, and cocoa until a dough forms. Avoid overworking; knead lightly, cover with cling film, and chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface to cover a 9” nonstick tart pan. Transfer to the pan, press it down, prick with a fork, and bake for 18-20 minutes. Allow the crust to cool.
- For the ganache, bring cream to a boil, pour over chopped chocolate, let sit for 5 minutes, and then stir until smooth. Add butter and mix until combined.
- While the ganache is warm, pour it into the tart shell and spread evenly. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- For the glaze, melt chocolate and cream using the same method as the ganache, add corn syrup, and mix. While warm, pour over the cooled tart and spread. Let it cool for another 1-2 hours.
- Decorate the tart with raspberries and tempered chocolate (optional). Serve and savor the chocolatey goodness!