These pumpkin pie bars with plant-based goodness are a tempting treat!
Pumpkin Pie Bars
- Get a small pie pumpkin cut it in half, and scoop out the seeds.
- Use 2 cups of raw cashews.
- Add ½ cup of maple syrup.
- Mix in 2 tablespoons of melted coconut oil plus more for drizzling.
- Include 2 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice and a pinch of sea salt.
- Gather 9 soft Medjool dates pitted.
- Combine with 1 cup of pecans.
- Mix in ¾ cup of whole rolled oats.
- Add a generous ½ teaspoon of sea salt.
- Use 1 to 2 tablespoons of water if needed.
- Vegan whipped cream
- Chopped pecans
- Start by preheating the oven to 400°F and lining a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- For the pumpkin, drizzle it with coconut oil, then roast it, cut side down, on the baking sheet until tender (25 to 35 minutes).
- Now, let’s make the crust! In a food processor, blend dates, pecans, oats, and salt until it forms a sticky ball. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water if necessary.
- Line an 8×8-inch baking dish with parchment paper. Press the crust mixture into the pan, smoothing it with another sheet of parchment paper on top. Freeze while you prepare the filling.
- For the filling, measure 1½ cups of the roasted pumpkin and blend it with cashews, maple syrup, coconut oil, pumpkin pie spice, and salt until smooth. Pour the filling over the crust in the baking dish and freeze for at least 4 hours.
- After freezing, slice into bars. If they’re too frozen, let them sit at room temperature for 10 minutes before serving. Top with vegan whipped cream and chopped pecans, if you like. Any leftovers can be stored in the freezer or fridge. Enjoy these delightful pumpkin pie bars!