Do you love apple desserts? Well, one I can’t resist every year is apple crumble. Picture this: juicy fall apples spiced to perfection, topped with a crunchy mix of oats and nuts. It’s like an easier, just-as-delicious version of apple pie!
For the Spiced Apple Filling:
- 5 apples peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- A pinch of sea salt
For the Topping:
- ½ cup almond flour
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup whole rolled oats
- ⅓ cup crushed walnuts
- ⅓ cup brown sugar or coconut sugar
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- A heaping ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon water if needed
- Preheat your oven to 400°F and grease an 8×8-inch baking dish.
- **Make the Filling:** Combine apples, apple cider vinegar, and water in a saucepan. Simmer on low heat, covered, stirring occasionally for 15 minutes. Then, add cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt. Stir until the apples are tender and the juices are thick.
- **Make the Topping:** In a food processor, mix flours, oats, walnuts, sugar, coconut oil, cinnamon, and salt until crumbly. Add water if needed.
- Scoop the spiced apples into the baking dish and sprinkle with the topping.
- Bake for 18 to 22 minutes or until the top is lightly crisp.
- Enjoy your easy and delicious apple crumble!