These treats are absolutely amazing! The texture and flavor are like a warm burst in your mouth. You definitely don’t want to miss trying these!
Nutella Brioche Donuts
- Tangzhong: 4 tbsp milk 50g, 1 tbsp flour (10g)
- 3/4 cup milk 180g
- 1.5 tsp yeast
- 3 cups all-purpose flour 400g
- 2 tbsp milk powder 15g
- 1/4 cup sugar 50g
- 1 large egg at room temperature
- 5 tbsp softened butter divided into 2 parts (70g)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar for coating 200g
- 250-300 g Nutella mixed with 1-2 tbsp oil
- Start by making the tangzhong. Just stir the flour and milk in a nonstick pan over medium heat until they form a thick paste.
- Mix the tangzhong with milk and yeast and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Add all the other ingredients for the dough, leaving half of the butter. Knead at medium-high speed for 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining butter and knead again for 5-8 minutes until you have a smooth and stretchy dough.
- Cover and let it rise for 1 hour (or overnight in the fridge).
- Roll the dough into a 1/2 inch thick sheet. Cut out 4” circles. Repeat until all the dough is used up.
- Place the donuts on pieces of parchment and transfer to a tray. Let them rest for about 45 minutes in a warm place.
- Heat 2-3 inches of oil in a wok over medium heat. Once it reaches 350F, carefully drop in a test donut and cook for about 2 minutes per side. Test for doneness and adjust timing as needed. Fry all the donuts, keeping the raw ones in a cool place so they don’t overprove.
- While warm, dip the donuts in sugar and coat generously.
- Microwave the Nutella for 5-10 seconds and add the oil to make it a bit runnier. Transfer to a piping bag with a Bismarck tip.
- Fill your donuts with 20-25g Nutella each.
- Serve and enjoy! These are best eaten fresh but are good for a day.