Mini cheesecakes are the best way to get a party started…or rather, the best way to end one. Either way, death by chocolate is always the best of the best. These cupcakes are rich and creamy, and chocolate is involved from top to bottom. They’re the perfect indulgence.
Mini Death By Chocolate Cheesecakes Recipe
Mіnі cheesecakes аrе thе best wау tо gеt a раrtу ѕtаrtеd…оr rather, thе bеѕt way to end оnе. Either wау, death bу chocolate іѕ аlwауѕ the bеѕt оf thе bеѕt. These cupcakes аrе rісh аnd сrеаmу, and сhосоlаtе is involved from tор to bоttоm. Thеу'rе thе perfect indulgence.
FOR THE CHEESECAKES
- 12 Oreos
- 4 tbsp. melted butter
- 1 1/2 8-oz. blocks cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 c. granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 c. bittersweet chocolate chips melted
FOR THE CHOCOLATE GANACHE
- 1/4 c. chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp. heavy cream
FOR THE CHOCOLATE WHIPPED CREAM
- 3/4 c. heavy cream
- 3 tbsp. chocolate syrup
- 1 1.55-oz Hershey’s bar, broken into small pieces, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line 12 muffin tins with paper liners.
- Make crust: In a large resealable plastic bag or a food processor fitted with a metal blade, crush or blend Oreos until fine crumbs form. Transfer to a bowl and pour in melted butter. Stir until crumbs are completely coated and moistened. Press about 1 tablespoon of crumb mixture into the bottom of each liner.
- Make cheesecake: In a large bowl using a hand mixer (or in the bowl of a stand mixer using the paddle attachment), beat cream cheese, sugar, flour, cocoa powder, and salt until light and fluffy. Add eggs; beat until well combined. Fold in melted chocolate.
- Pour cheesecake filling over crust in prepared liners. Bake cheesecakes until only slightly jiggly in the center, 12 to 14 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes in the pan and then transfer to a rack to cool completely. Refrigerate until cold, at least 1 hour.
- Make chocolate ganache: Once cheesecakes are cold, add chocolate chips and heavy cream to a microwave-safe dish. Microwave in 10-second intervals until chocolate is melted; stir until smooth and creamy. Spread about 1 tablespoon chocolate sauce on top of each cheesecake. Return to refrigerator to let chocolate sauce set, about 10 more minutes.
- Make chocolate whipped cream: In a large bowl, beat heavy cream with chocolate syrup just until stiff peaks form, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a piping bag fitted with a star tip. Top each cheesecake with chocolate whipped cream and garnish with a piece of chocolate.