Get ready to make your weekend a little sweeter with a simple and delightful lemon yogurt cake! This cake is soft, flavorful, and has a hint of tanginess from the yogurt, along with a zesty kick from the lemon. Trust me, you might find yourself reaching for a second slice before you finish the first!
Lemon Yogurt Cake
For the Cake:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup almond flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest plus more for sprinkling
- ¾ cup Greek yogurt whole milk
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and grease an 8×4-inch loaf pan.
- In a big bowl, mix together the all-purpose flour, almond flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk the sugar and lemon zest. Add yogurt, olive oil, eggs, and vanilla. Whisk until well combined.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the bowl with the wet ingredients, stirring until just combined. Don’t overmix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool completely before taking it out of the pan.
- Make the lemon glaze by combining powdered sugar and 2 tablespoons of lemon juice. Whisk until smooth, adding more lemon juice if needed for a pourable glaze.
- Drizzle the glaze over the cooled cake, sprinkle with lemon zest, slice, and enjoy!