Get ready for a treat with our amazing Inside Out Molten Lava Cake! This dessert is a breeze to make, featuring a mouthwatering flourless chocolate cake soaked in a luscious chocolate sauce. 🤤
Inside Out Molten Lava Cake
**Flourless Chocolate Cake:**
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter 113g
- 200 g good quality dark chocolate chopped
- 4 eggs
- 100 g sugar adjust up to 125g for sweeter taste
- 30 g cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp espresso powder mixed with 1 tsp hot water
- 60 g butter 4 tbsp
- 60 g dark or semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 egg
- 20 g sugar
- 30 g cream 2 tbsp
- Preheat the oven to 375F and line a 9” cake pan with parchment paper and butter.
- Melt butter and chocolate in the microwave in 20s increments for the cake.
- While the chocolate is melting, whisk eggs and sugar for 5-7 minutes until thick, ribbony, and light in color.
- Pour the melted butter and chocolate into the egg mixture and fold together.
- Sift in cocoa powder and salt, then gently fold. Add the coffee and fold again.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 20-25 minutes until a toothpick comes out with moist crumbs attached.
- While the cake is baking, prepare the sauce. Melt butter and chocolate, whisk egg and sugar, and mix the two batters similarly to the cake. Heat over medium-low heat until the mixture thickens. Add cream and cook until you get a sauce-like consistency (it will thicken more as it cools).
- Transfer the cake to a stand and pour over the sauce.
- Enjoy it as is or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!