Get ready for a chocolate delight like no other – the Hot Fudge Chocolate Pudding Cake! Imagine a luscious chocolate cake with a surprise layer of hot fudge pudding beneath, served warm alongside a scoop of vanilla ice cream. And the best part? It only takes 45 minutes, from start to finish!
Creating this masterpiece is a breeze. Picture a moist chocolate cake with a magical layer of fudge that transforms into a gooey molten lava pudding as it bakes. This easy-to-make cake is a guaranteed crowd-pleaser, especially when the weather turns chilly.
Hot Fudge Chocolate Pudding Cake
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour 195g
- 1 ¼ cups granulated sugar 275g – reduce to 1 cup for a less sweet option
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil 100g
- ½ cup buttermilk 120g – or make your own with ½ cup milk + ½ tablespoon vinegar
- ¼ cup boiling water 60g
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder 33g
- 1 tsp instant coffee
### Hot Fudge Pudding:
- ½ cup white granulated sugar 110g
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar 100g
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 ½ cups boiling water 360g
- Preheat the oven to 350F and butter a 7×11 or 9×9″ baking dish (ceramic works best for serving).
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and baking soda, ensuring there are no lumps.
- Add eggs, oil, and buttermilk, whisking the ingredients together.
- In a separate bowl, mix boiling water with cocoa powder and instant coffee until smooth and shiny.
- Fold the cocoa mixture into the cake batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared dish.
- For the fudge sauce, combine sugars and cocoa, removing any lumps. Sprinkle over the cake batter.
- Gently pour boiling water evenly over the cake batter.
- Bake for ~30-35 min until the top is firm but the bottom is delightfully fudgy.
- Serve the cake hot with a scoop of vanilla ice cream – and indulge in chocolatey bliss!