Let’s whip up some delicious Tiramisu together! Trust me, this homemade Tiramisu is a game-changer, and my friends agree—it’s the best they’ve ever had! It’s light, creamy, and strikes the perfect balance between coffee and mascarpone, not too sweet. Bonus: it’s alcohol-free, and I’ll share a neat trick to make sure the eggs are safe to eat. Give it a shot, and I guarantee you’ll fall in love with it 🥰
Easy Tiramisu From Scratch
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup + 2 tbsp sugar 90g
- 1 1/2 cups full-fat mascarpone cheese 340g, at room temperature
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup heavy cream 160g, chilled
- 24 ladyfingers recipe below
- 2/3 cup strong black coffee
- 3-4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Whisk together egg yolks and sugar in a heat-safe bowl until well combined. Put the bowl over a pot of simmering water (double boiler), whisking vigorously until it becomes thick and ribbony—light yellow in color. Remove from heat and cool for 15 minutes.
- Add room temperature mascarpone cheese and salt to the egg yolk mixture. Whisk until well combined. Pop it in the fridge for 15-20 minutes.
- Whip the chilled heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Gently fold 1/3 of the whipped cream into the mascarpone mixture, then fold in the rest. Be gentle, maintaining the light and airy texture.
- Pour the coffee into a bowl. Dip each ladyfinger into the coffee for just 1-2 seconds—don’t overdo it, or they’ll fall apart quickly.
- Time to assemble! Alternate layers of ladyfingers and tiramisu cream. I like more layers, but adjust to your liking. Press the ladyfingers snugly around the edges for tidy layers.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours. Before serving, generously dust the top with cocoa powder.
- Get ready to savor the BEST Tiramisu you’ve ever made! Enjoy!