Get ready for a delightful treat with this Holiday Crack Candy! It’s the perfect blend of sweet and salty, making it oh so good. Whether you’re making it for gifting or just for yourself, we won’t judge!
Easy Christmas Crack
- 2 sticks of unsalted butter
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- About 1.5 sleeves of Saltine crackers approximately 50 crackers
- 10 ounces of semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
- ½ cup of crushed Oreos
- ¼ cup of crushed candy canes
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and line a 13×18 baking sheet with aluminum foil. Lay the Saltine crackers in a single layer on top.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and brown sugar until it’s thick and reaches a rolling boil (about 2-3 minutes). Stir constantly, then add the vanilla extract and stir it in.
- Pour this tasty mixture over the saltines and use a rubber spatula to spread it out evenly.
- Bake for 4-5 minutes or until the sauce turns brown and bubbly.
- Take the baking sheet out of the oven and sprinkle the chocolate on top. Let it sit for 5 minutes until melted, then use the spatula to spread it evenly. Sprinkle the crushed Oreos and candy canes on top.
- Move the baking sheet to the fridge and let it cool for 1-2 hours or until the chocolate hardens. Remember, don’t use the freezer as the ingredients may separate.
- Break the candy into pieces and enjoy!
- And for storing this deliciousness: Leftover cracker candy will stay fresh in an airtight container or sealable bag in the fridge for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 3 months. So, go ahead and treat yourself to this amazing Holiday Crack Candy whenever the craving strikes!