Check out these amazing Brown Butter Milk Chocolate Cookies that are packed with nutty and chocolatey goodness! I whipped up this flavor-packed treat using a big bar of milk chocolate, brown butter, and a sprinkle of flaky sea salt.
Brown Butter Milk Chocolate Cookies
- 1 cup of salted butter
- 1 ¼ cups of light brown sugar
- ¼ cup of granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 2 ¼ cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons of cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 ½ cups of chopped milk chocolate or chocolate chips
- Optional: flaky sea salt for that extra touch
- Start by melting and browning the butter in a pan over medium heat. Stir constantly until it turns brown and releases a nutty aroma. This should take about 3-5 minutes. Once browned, remove from heat, transfer to a heatproof bowl, and let it cool for 10 minutes.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the browned butter, light brown sugar, granulated sugar, and vanilla extract. Mix for 30 seconds until everything is well combined.
- With the mixer on low, add the eggs one at a time, followed by the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt. Mix until everything is nicely incorporated.
- Remove the bowl from the mixer and gently fold in the chocolate chunks or chips with a rubber spatula until evenly distributed.
- Line a large baking sheet with wax paper or parchment paper. Use a medium-sized cookie scoop to make 24 even cookie dough balls. Chill for at least 30 minutes, or up to 24 hours.
- When you’re ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350°F. Line another cookie sheet with parchment paper or spray it with nonstick cooking spray. Space out the cookie dough balls about 2 inches apart and bake for 9-10 minutes, or until the edges are just set.
- Once out of the oven, let the cookies cool for 3 minutes on the sheet before transferring them to a cookie rack to cool completely. Finish them off with a sprinkle of flaky sea salt, and you’re ready to enjoy these delicious treats!