Here’s a simple and delightful apple crisp recipe that’s perfect for fall. It’s a big hit with friends and family, and not only is it easy to make, but it also fills your kitchen with an amazing aroma!
Spiced Apple Filling:
- 4 apples peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- Pinch of sea salt
- ½ cup whole rolled oats
- ½ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup crushed walnuts
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup firm coconut oil
- Vanilla ice cream
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and grease either 4 (8-ounce) ramekins or an 8×8 baking dish with coconut oil.
- For the filling: Combine apples, apple cider vinegar, and water in a saucepan. Simmer over very low heat, covered, stirring occasionally for 15 minutes. Uncover, stir, and add cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, and salt. The apples should be tender, and the juices should be thick.
- For the topping: In a small bowl, combine oats, almond flour, walnuts, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Use your hands to work in the firm coconut oil until the mixture crumbles. If it’s too dry, add a few drizzles of water until it starts to stick together.
- Scoop the apple filling into the ramekins, top with the crumble, and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly crisp on top.
- Remove from the oven, top with pomegranates, and serve with vanilla ice cream. Enjoy your delicious homemade apple crisp!