Get ready for some holiday baking excitement(!) as we dive into making the yummiest jammy thumbprint cookies. Trust me, this is the ultimate thumbprint cookie recipe – I might be a bit biased, but these cookies have a magical melt-in-your-mouth texture with a warm, buttery flavor. They’re like little bites of joy, rich and delicate, and they even have a burst of fruity brightness from the melty jam.
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour make sure to spoon and level it
- 1 cup of almond flour again, spoon and level
- ½ teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 cup 2 sticks of unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- ½ cup of granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon of almond extract
- ½ cup of raspberry and/or apricot jam
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and grab two baking sheets, lining them with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flours and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, whip up a creamy mixture by combining the butter, sugar, vanilla, and almond extract until it’s wonderfully fluffy. Slowly add in the flour, mixing until everything comes together.
- Scoop out rounded tablespoons of the dough, roll them into balls, and place them on your prepared baking sheets. Gently press down to create little disks, then use your thumb (or the back of a 1 teaspoon measuring spoon) to make a lovely indentation in the middle of each cookie. Now, spoon ½ teaspoon of jam onto each one.
- Time to bake! Pop them in the oven for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the bottoms are lightly browned. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Get ready to enjoy these irresistible thumbprint cookies that bring the joy of the holidays right to your taste buds! 🍪✨