Get ready for the ultimate fall treat with these amazing Salted Caramel Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies! Imagine the perfect blend of chocolate chip cookies and pecan pie all in one irresistible cookie. It’s sweet, salty, caramely, chewy, gooey, and chocolatey – basically, the best cookie ever!
These Salted Caramel Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 10 tablespoons of unsalted butter 140g
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar 150g
- 1/4 cup white sugar 55g
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt adjust to 1/2 teaspoon if you prefer less salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour 170g
- 3 ounces dark chocolate 113g, chopped
- 3 ounces milk chocolate 113g, chopped
For the caramel pecans:
- 12 soft caramels such as Werther’s
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 3/4 cups pecan halves & pieces about 100g, roasted
- Salt to taste
- Toast the pecans at 350°F for 5-7 minutes until they smell fragrant and lose their raw taste.
- Melt butter in a non-stick pan on medium-low heat until it turns brown and smells nutty. Add sugars and whisk on low for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool for about 5 minutes. Add egg and yolk, whisking until the mixture is light and smooth.
- Add dry ingredients and fold until almost mixed. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Make salted caramel pecans by melting caramels and cream in a saucepan. Add salt and coat pecans thoroughly.
- Fold chopped chocolate and pecans into the cookie dough. Use a 2″ scoop to form 10 balls. Top with chocolate and pecans.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes (ideally 2 hours or more).
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Place balls on a parchment-lined cookie sheet with 3″ space between them.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes for soft, gooey cookies.
- Avoid high heat or prolonged mixing when combining butter and sugar to prevent crystallization. Remove from heat if in doubt.
- Use all semi-sweet chocolate instead of a mix of dark and milk.
- Freeze dough balls in an airtight container and bake directly from frozen, adjusting baking time by 2-4 minutes based on your preference.