Oh, you won’t believe how amazing these brownies are! Seriously, one bite, and you’ll be left speechless for at least the next 30 seconds. These aren’t just any brownies; they are the absolute BEST Fudgy Brownies you’ll ever taste. Trust me on this – they’re foolproof and make a batch of insanely delicious, perfect brownies. I promise.
Picture this: rich, fudgy, chocolatey goodness that hits all the right spots. These brownies are a chocolate lover’s dream!
The Perfect Fudgy Brownies
- 1 ounce semi-sweet chocolate 28g
- 3 ounces high-quality dark chocolate 60-70% cocoa (85g) – I prefer Lindt or Valrhona
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter 140g
- ¾ cup sugar about 165g
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee mixed with 1 tablespoon hot water
- ½ cup all-purpose flour about 65g
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder about 35g – Dutch-processed works best, like Valrhona
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 2 ounces chocolate chips or chopped chocolate of choice 55g, mix of milk chocolate and semi-sweet
- Preheat your oven to 335°F (conventional) and line a 9” baking pan with parchment paper, lightly coated with butter or oil.
- Melt 1 ounce semi-sweet and 3 ounces dark chocolate with the butter in a microwave-safe bowl using 20-second increments, stirring in between. Don’t overheat.
- Whisk eggs and sugar on medium-high speed until thick and ribbony (3-5 minutes).
- Pour the melted chocolate and butter into the egg and sugar mixture, gently whisk at low speed until combined.
- Mix instant coffee with hot water, pour in, and gently fold into the batter.
- Sift in flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Gently fold dry ingredients into the wet using a rubber spatula, being careful not to knock out the air.
- Lastly, fold in the chopped chocolate or chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the lined pan, spread evenly, and add more chocolate chunks on top if desired.
- Bake immediately for 20-25 minutes (around 22 minutes is good for me).
- Let cool to room temperature, cut with a sharp knife, and serve!
– These brownies are on the darker side, not too sweet, so don’t reduce sugar. For a darker flavor, use all 4 ounces of dark chocolate.
– Don’t skip the coffee; it enhances the chocolate flavor.
– Be cautious not to overbake; aim for a slight jiggle when taken out. A toothpick should come out with moist crumbs, not wet batter. Enjoy your brownie bliss!