Introducing the irresistible Black Forest Redemption Cake – a heavenly creation that will have you saying, “What won’t I do for this cake? 🤤” Its layers, colors, and flavors are pure perfection!
Black Forest Cake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour 260g
- 1 1/2 cups sugar 330g
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder 65g
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil 120g
- 1 cup milk 240g
- 1/2 cup Ovaltine chocolate powder 50g
- 2 tsp instant coffee
- 1/2 cup boiling water 120g
- 1/2 cup sour cream 120g
- 1 can cherries
- 2.5 cups chilled heavy cream 600g
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar 30g
- 75 g dark chocolate chopped
- 90 g heavy cream
- 1 tbsp oil
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line 2 9” cake pans.
- Whisk together all dry ingredients, excluding Ovaltine.
- In a cup, mix milk with Ovaltine, then add it, along with eggs and oil, to the dry ingredients. Whisk until combined.
- Mix boiling water with instant coffee, then whisk it into the batter.
- Lastly, fold in the sour cream, being careful not to overmix.
- Divide the batter into 2 pans and bake for 25-30 minutes. Check with a toothpick after 25 minutes, as baking time can vary. Cool cakes on a wire rack.
- Cook the liquid from the cherries for 5-7 minutes until it slightly thickens. Save 10 cherries for decoration and chop the rest.
- Whip heavy cream and powdered sugar to stiff peaks.
- Once the cakes are cooled, trim off the tops, divide into 2 halves each, and layer with cream. Place cherries in the first and third layers. Cover with cream and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Make ganache by heating ingredients in the microwave in 20-second increments until shiny. Let it cool for 5 minutes, then drip it onto the cake. Decorate with cherries.
- Enjoy this delightful creation!