Wow, you won’t believe how amazing this hot chocolate is! Forget the powdered stuff—I make mine with real dark chocolate, and it turns out incredibly rich and creamy. It’s the ideal warm and cozy treat for a chilly winter day.
The Best Homemade Hot Chocolate
- 2 cups almond milk
- 3 ounces dark chocolate 70% cacao, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- A pinch of cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons bourbon optional
- Optional for serving: whipped cream and chocolate shavings
- In a small saucepan, gently heat the almond milk. Add the chopped dark chocolate, vanilla, and cinnamon. Whisk it all together for about 15 minutes until the chocolate melts, and the mixture becomes smooth and warm.
- If you’re feeling a bit fancy, stir in the maple syrup and bourbon (if you have it). Mix it all up.
- Serve it hot, and if you’re in the mood, top it off with some whipped cream or chocolate shavings.
- Trust me, it’s a game-changer for your winter afternoons!