Are you crazy about almonds? Well, get ready for a dessert that’s absolutely nuts! These delicious cookies are packed with almond goodness, featuring almond butter, almond milk, almond flour, and sliced almonds. One bite of these crinkly treats, and you’ll be hooked! Whether it’s the holiday season or a special occasion, these salty-sweet delights are perfect for satisfying your chocolate cravings. And guess what? They can be made vegan and gluten-free too!
Salted Dark Chocolate Almond Milk Cookies With Toasted Almonds
- 3 ounces of butter or vegan butter, if you prefer
- 2 tablespoons of almond butter
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cups of almond flour
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of almond milk
- 2 3.5-ounce dark chocolate bars, chopped and divided
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of sliced and toasted almonds
- Flaky sea salt for topping
- Preheat your oven to 375°F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, beat together butter, almond butter, and sugars until light and fluffy (about 2-3 minutes). Add vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together almond flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Add this flour mixture to the butter and sugar mixture, mixing just until incorporated. Pour in the almond milk and mix to combine. Stir in half of the chopped chocolate.
- Scoop out portions of the cookie dough, making golf-ball-sized rounds. Roll them into smooth balls with your hands. Place the balls on the prepared baking sheets and flatten them with your hands, leaving at least 2 inches between each cookie.
- Bake until the cookies are beautifully crackly (about 15-18 minutes). Let them cool on the baking sheet for 3 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack until completely cooled.
- In a small bowl, melt the remaining chopped chocolate with coconut oil in the microwave using 30-second intervals; stir until smooth. Once the cookies have cooled, dip them halfway into the melted chocolate and transfer them to parchment-lined baking sheets. Sprinkle with almonds and flaky salt. Chill until the chocolate has set.
- Serve immediately or store these irresistible treats in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Get ready to indulge in the almond paradise of these delectable cookies!