Indulge in the irresistible goodness of Red Velvet Molten Lava Cakes, ready to delight your taste buds in just 20 minutes! Why wait? Let’s get started!
Create a sweet moment for two with these red velvet molten lava cakes – perfect for a cozy date night, Valentine’s celebration, or even a spooky Halloween treat. The entire process, from mixing to baking, takes only 20 minutes, resulting in delectable, chocolatey cakes with a warm, gooey center.
Red Velvet Molten Lava Cakes For Two
- ¼ cup of butter equivalent to 56g
- 100 g of semi-sweet chocolate chopped
- 1 large egg
- 1-2 tablespoons of granulated sugar adjust according to your sweetness preference
- A pinch of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 1-2 teaspoons of red gel food color
- Butter for coating the ramekins
- Preheat your oven to 450°F (conventional) and prepare two 6 oz ramekins by generously brushing butter inside.
- Combine chocolate and butter in a heat-safe bowl, then microwave in 20-second increments until melted. Stir to blend.
- In a separate bowl, use an electric hand mixer to whisk together the egg, sugar, salt, and vanilla for 2-3 minutes until the mixture becomes light, frothy, and nearly triples in volume.
- Pour the melted chocolate mixture into the egg mixture and whisk until just combined.
- Sift in the flour and gently fold it in using a rubber spatula. Be careful not to overmix.
- Add the red food color and gently fold again, adjusting the quantity based on your desired color intensity.
- Divide the batter between the two ramekins and bake for approximately 10-11 minutes until the edges are set but the center remains molten, as indicated by a slight wobble.
- Allow the cakes to cool in the ramekins for 1-2 minutes, then carefully turn them out onto dessert plates. Dust with powdered sugar, and voila – your delightful treat is ready to be savored!