Get ready for Pumpkin Pie French Toast, the coziest breakfast recipe that’ll fill your home with the delightful scent of pumpkin spice! We’re bringing together Hawaiian rolls and French toast to create a combo that’s simply irresistible, especially with that pumpkin pie flavor!
Pumpkin Pie Hawaiian Roll French Toast
- 1 package of Sweet Hawaiian Rolls 12 rolls
- 3/4 cup half and half
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice add more to taste
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter for cooking the French toast
- Powdered sugar
- Maple syrup
- Optional: Berries whipped cream
- In a bowl, prepare the custard for dipping the bread. Mix together the half and half, eggs, pumpkin puree, brown sugar, vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon until smooth and well combined.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat and add a little butter. Make sure the pan isn’t too hot to prevent the butter from burning.
- Quickly dip each Hawaiian Roll into the custard and place it on the pan. Repeat with a few more rolls until the pan is filled but not overcrowded.
- Cook for about 2 minutes, then flip each roll over and cook until golden brown and crispy on all sides. Remove from the pan and repeat with the remaining rolls.
- Sprinkle the French toast with powdered sugar and drizzle with maple syrup. Optionally, serve with whipped cream and a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice for extra flavor.
- Enjoy your delicious Pumpkin Pie French Toast for a cozy breakfast treat!