Enjoy these delicious homemade sweet potato fries with a hint of smokiness and loads of flavor! Bake them to perfection until they’re wonderfully crispy.
Oven Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- 1 pound of Garnet sweet potatoes washed and sliced
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of chipotle powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- Sea salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons of freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a baking sheet and set it aside.
- Wash the sweet potatoes thoroughly to get rid of any dirt or debris. Slice them into thin, uniform strips, about ¼ inch wide.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and add the sliced potatoes. Cook for 3-4 minutes, then drain the water and pat the potatoes dry with a paper towel.
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes and drizzle the olive oil over them. Gently toss to coat the fries evenly.
- Add the chili powder, chipotle powder, smoked paprika, dried oregano, garlic powder, and sea salt. Toss again to make sure the fries are well coated with the seasonings.
- Arrange the fries in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then remove the pan, flip the fries, and continue baking for an additional 10-15 minutes or until they turn golden brown and crispy.
- Serve these delicious sweet potato fries warm with your favorite dipping sauce!
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.