Introducing the ultimate fall treat – Graham Cracker Chocolate Chip Cookies! These cookies are a taste of perfection, and you can even turn them into s’more cookies by adding marshmallows. But guess what? They’re insanely delicious even without the marshmallows! Picture this: a toasty toffee-like flavor, crispy edges, and an ooey-gooey chewy interior.
Graham Cracker Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 10 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup of packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla optional
- 1/2 cup of powdered graham crackers
- 1 large egg at room temperature
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour a little less than a full cup
- 3/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 6 ounces of semi-sweet or dark chocolate chopped
- 4-6 graham crackers
- Optional: marshmallows
- Start by browning the butter on low heat until it changes color and becomes fragrant. Whisk it with the sugars until they’re well combined (about 3-5 minutes). Add the egg and vanilla, whisking for another 1-2 minutes until a creamy mixture forms.
- Use a processor or blender to grind the graham crackers. Add them to the batter and whisk until combined.
- Sift in the dry ingredients and gently fold with a spatula until halfway combined.
- Add the chopped chocolate and graham crackers, continuing to fold until the dough just comes together. Be careful not to overmix.
- Gently scoop the dough into balls using a 2-tablespoon scoop. No need to press too hard. Top with marshmallows if you fancy. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 360°F and line 2 baking sheets.
- Transfer the cookie dough balls onto the baking sheets and bake for about 12 minutes. The cookies shouldn’t harden all the way; they’ll set more as they cool.
- Take them out and give the baking sheets a good smack on the counter to flatten the cookies. Let them rest for 20 minutes, and then it’s time to enjoy your delicious creation!