Indulge in the Chocolate Cheesecake of your dreams! Imagine a dessert that’s rich, creamy, and perfectly balanced with delightful chocolate and cream cheese flavors.
My special taste testers, who’ve tried most of my baked creations, couldn’t stop raving about this one – they say it’s one of the best things I’ve ever made! So, make sure you don’t miss out on this heavenly treat.
- About 20 Oreo cookies approximately 235g; you can also use another brand of chocolate sandwich biscuits
- Slightly over ¼ cup 70g melted unsalted butter
- About 2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips 340g
- ½ cup 120ml heavy cream
- 1 tsp instant coffee/espresso powder
- 3 packs 24oz or 680g cream cheese, at room temperature
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup 220g granulated sugar
- About 2 tbsp 15g cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 large eggs at room temperature
- ¼ cup 60g sour cream, at room temperature
- About ⅔ cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips or chocolate of choice 100g
- 120 ml ½ cup heavy cream
*Chocolate whipped cream frosting:*
- 1 cup 240ml chilled heavy cream
- ¼ cup 55g granulated sugar
- About 3 tbsp 25g cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 350F (conventional). Lightly brush a 9″ springform pan with butter on the bottom and sides. Wrap the outside of the pan tightly with 2-3 sheets of aluminum foil.
- Grind Oreo cookies in a food processor until fine crumbs. Add melted butter and grind again. Transfer to the pan and press down firmly to create a tight crust.
- Bake the crust for 8-10 minutes. Remove from the oven and reduce the temperature to 325F.
- In a heat-proof bowl, mix semi-sweet chocolate, heavy cream, and coffee. Heat and stir over a double boiler until melted and smooth. Set aside to cool.
- In a stand mixer, beat cream cheese until creamy and fluffy (3-4 minutes). Add sugar, cocoa powder, salt, and vanilla. Mix for 3-5 minutes, scraping the bowl.
- Whisk eggs separately and add to the batter. Mix briefly. Add cooled ganache and sour cream; whip until combined.
- Transfer batter to the pan with the crust. Tap the pan to remove air bubbles.
- Create a water bath by placing the cheesecake pan in a larger pan with boiling water. Bake for 60-70 minutes.
- Cool at room temperature for 2-3 hours, then refrigerate overnight (at least 8 hours).
- Prepare ganache by boiling cream and pouring it over chocolate. Rest for 5 minutes, then mix until silky.
*Chocolate whipped cream:*
- Whisk all ingredients until the cream reaches stiff peaks. Avoid overmixing.
*Decoration / Assembly:*
- Remove the cheesecake from the pan and transfer to a serving stand.
- Pour slightly thickened ganache over the top and spread carefully.
- Pipe rosettes around the edge with chocolate whipped cream.
- Serve and savor the deliciousness!